All forest management plans were developed in the 1990s and early 2000s. Experts from forestry, botany, wildlife biology, catchment management, water resources, cultural heritage and recreation planning contributed to all management plans. Consultation with the public was also required. Forest management zones within all plans updated as more accurate and current data becomes available.
Information on the uses and values of the forest informs the planning process. Forest uses and values includes natural, cultural, social, resources and economic. Management plans are also based on biological, social and cultural data. Data is sourced in Comprehensive Regional Assessments (CRA) and Statements of Resources, Uses and Values.
Victoria's forest management plans include:
- Forest Management Plan for the East Gippsland Forest Management Area 1995
- Forest Management Plan for the Midlands Forest Management Area 1996
- East Gippsland Forest Management Plan Amendment 1997
- Forest Management Plan for the Central Highlands 1998 (PDF, 681.4 KB)
- Forest Management Plan for the North East 2001 (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- Forest Management Plan for the Mid-Murray Forest Management Area 2002 (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- Gippsland Forest Management Plan 2004 (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- Bendigo Forest Management Area 2007 (PDF, 1022.2 KB)
- Portland and Horsham Forests: Forest Management Plan 2010 (PDF, 3.6 MB)
Forest management zone maps are updated quarterly: Victoria's Forest Management Areas.
Page last updated: 16/11/20