Good to know
- Walk-in only (400 m)
- No facilities available
- Portable toilet required
- No campfires
- No dogs allowed
- Cattle graze this area
- Mobile phone coverage is available
- Dispersed camping
Camping area description
Seymour Camping area 1 is on a licensed Crown water frontage that has been designated for camping. Before visiting this site, find out about camping on licensed Crown water frontages.
This river frontage is on the southern edge of Seymour on the Goulburn River, with flat, grassy areas available for camping. River access is via a short steep bank. The camping area is about 3.5 hectares and 650 metres long. It is licensed for grazing livestock and is next to unfenced private property.
It is important that campers take care to use the map and instructions below to safely access the area and avoid trespassing on private property.
Camping is only permitted in the designated area on this frontage (see map below). Visitors may use other areas of Crown water frontage for recreational activities other than camping such as fishing, walking, and picnicking.
Crown water frontages are rough and rugged bush camp areas. Before you go, it is important to consider all potential risks and hazards when accessing and camping at this location. Campers are responsible for their own safety and the safety of those in their care.
- Trees and limbs may fall unexpectedly. Avoid camping under trees.
- Stormy and windy weather increases the risk that trees and limbs may fall.
- This site may be part of a working farm
- Cattle may be present on this water frontage and access the river.
- If cattle approach you, avoid sudden movements and loud noises.
- Farm animals are not pets. They can be large and unpredictable and should not be approached.
- Store your food in a secure container to avoid attracting livestock and other animals.
- Leave all gates as you find them.
Water and flood safety
- Play it safe by the water.
- Hidden dangers may include submerged objects and debris and strong currents. A storm well upstream from you could cause flash flooding.
- Check the Bureau of Meteorology for weather forecasts and flood warnings, or visit Play it Safe by the Water for more information.
- Be aware of dangerous weather and bushfire conditions.
- Check VicEmergency for information about current fires, Fire Danger Ratings and Total Fire Bans.
Other risks that may be present include dangerous terrain, animals and adjoining farming operations.
Seymour camping area 1 image gallery
How to get there
- From Seymour, turn onto Anglesey Street from Anzac Parade (Goulburn Valley Hwy)
- Head south-west on Anglesey Street
- Park at the end of Anglesey Street
- Access the gate at the end of Anglesey Street (all gates must be left as found)
- Walk 400 m along the path until you reach a second gate
- The designated camping area is on your right
Map - camping area
- Camping on licensed Crown river frontage (PDF, 174.0 KB)
- Guide to site assessments - Camping on licensed Crown river frontage (PDF, 155.4 KB)
- Crown water frontage: A guide to public access and recreational use (PDF, 200.0 KB)
- Land (Regulated Watercourse Land) Regulations 2021
Page last updated: 28/04/22