Protecting the Hanging Rock precinct
DELWP and Macedon Ranges Shire Council are working with the community to develop a Master Plan for the Hanging Rock Precinct. The aim of the Master Plan is to retain the precinct's international reputation as a popular local and tourist destination that has strong social, cultural and environmental values. The Master Plan will also provide a strategy for the long-term direction and investment needs of the precinct.
The objectives of the Master Plan are:
- acknowledge and enhance the environmental, social, historical and economic values
- engage the key stakeholders and broader community
- identify planning framework and other strategic directions
- explore opportunities for financial self-sufficiency
- articulate precinct vision and values
- provide the land use direction for activity and built form
Options Paper – Your Feedback Wanted
The Hanging Rock Master Plan Options Paper is on display for public comment from Monday 14 August 2017 until Friday 15 September 2017. You can view the Options Paper online at mrsc.vic.gov.au/yoursay or at Macedon Ranges Shire Council’s offices.
The Options Paper outlines a range of possible activities and upgrades to the Hanging Rock precint including a new visitor centre, new café and changes to the location of the entyr. Other options include upgrades to trails, environmental improvements, improved parking, sport facility options and event opportunities.
The draft Haning Rock Master Plan Options Paper is a tool to let the community have input into what actions and activities they would like to see at Hanging Rock in the fturure. There will be a community forum about the Options Paper in late August or early September.