Protecting the Hanging Rock precinct
DELWP and Macedon Ranges Shire Council are working with the community to develop a Master Plan for the Hanging Rock Precinct. The Master plan is now in the final stages. The aim of the Master Plan is to retain the precinct's international reputation as a popular local and tourist destination that has strong social, cultural and environmental values. The Master Plan will also provide a strategy for the long-term direction and investment needs of the precinct.
The objectives of the Master Plan are:
- acknowledge and enhance the environmental, social, historical and economic values
- engage the key stakeholders and broader community
- identify planning framework and other strategic directions
- explore opportunities for financial self-sufficiency
- articulate precinct vision and values
- provide the land use direction for activity and built form
Consultation on the draft Hanging Rock Master Plan – Options Paper was held in August and September 2017.
The draft Options Paper explored a range of options for the arrangement and improvements for Hanging Rock - our world renowned landmark with strong social, cultural and environmental values.