The Department of Environment, Land, Water & Planning is responsible for advising the Minister on alpine issues and supporting and assisting the Resort Management Boards on matters affecting all or multiple resorts.
The Alpine Resorts Co-ordinating Council (ARCC) plans and facilitates the establishment, development, promotion, management and use Victoria's Alpine Resorts.
Visit the ARCC website
Alpine resorts have a special place in the hearts of many Victorians, and we need to ensure they continue to maximise economic and social benefits for all Victorians. The Alpine Resort Futures Project delivers on government's commitment to support the alpine resorts to adapt to climate change.
The Alpine Resorts Futures Project has three sub categories which address separate areas:
Visit the Alpine Resorts Governance Reform Project
Visit the Southern Alpine Resort Reform Project
Alpine Resorts Governance Reform Project
Consultation Alpine Resorts Governance Reform Project is now open.
Visit Engage Victoria to make a submission.
The Alpine Resorts Governance Reform Project aims to ensure the alpine sector has a governance and operating model that:
- enables effective planning to adapt to the impacts of climate change
- enhances the public land and environmental values derived from the alpine resorts
- continues to provide economic and social benefits to surrounding regions and across Victoria
- facilitates collaboration across the sector and ensures effective land management
- enables a sector-wide strategic approach to issues associated with infrastructure investment.
The project scope includes:
- management and governance arrangements for all Victorian alpine resorts (including Alpine Resort Management Boards and the Alpine Resorts Co-ordinating Council)
- legislation governing the land designated as alpine resorts.
Alpine Board Appointments 2016
New directors, including Chairs and Deputy Chairs, have been appointed to the Alpine Resorts Co-ordinating Council (ARCC) and the five Alpine Resort Management Boards at Falls Creek, Mount Baw Baw, Mount Buller/ Mount Stirling, Lake Mountain and Mount Hotham. Terms of appointment commenced on 1 January 2016 and will expire on 31 December 2017.
New appointments and the composition of the Alpine Resorts Co-ordinating Council and Alpine Resort Management Boards can be viewed via the link below: