The Secretary of the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) is inviting expressions of interest for members of a new Community Reference Group for the Yellingbo Conservation Area.
There are 12 positions to be filled, including the Chair and Deputy Chair.
Role and purpose of group
The group will support DELWP and Parks Victoria as the agencies establish a 10 Year Plan for managing the Conservation Area.
Applicants will be shortlisted on the basis of high-level skills, experience and knowledge in relation to the following selection criteria:
- An active and engaged community member with preferences for local knowledge of the Yarra Valley and the area south east of the Dandenong Ranges.
- Demonstration of existing community networks within the Yarra Valley and southern Dandenong Ranges.
- Effective and verbal communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to respectfully discuss issues with other group members.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a committee/team environment or prior committee experience.
- Be able to show demonstrated knowledge/experience in one or more of the following fields conservation, agriculture and horticulture, recreation, tourism, Aboriginal cultural values, and fire risk management and control.
The group will meet four times per year and a commitment up to three years would be advantageous.
How to Apply
The Information for Applicants document details the information and forms that applicants must provide. Applications must be emailed to YCACRG@delwp.vic.gov
For all enquiries, please contact Merryn Kelly on email@example.com
Applications close 11 June 2019.
Page last updated: 15/05/19